Beiträge von doctorwho

I have a mostly rural department at this time that encompasses approx 270 sq miles (434.5 sq km) and two small towns. I get a lot of grease fire in chip shop, and burning telephone booth, and other large missions in the middle of my cornfields. I would expect these more in my towns than in my rural area. I don't know if there is a way to make the game more accurate to creating calls for the area the station is in. i.e. rural, residential, urban, suburban, industrial, commercial.

I would like to suggest what I call "Specialty Stations" These would be stations you could place with in your services (fire, police, Ambulance) but have a specific task. My Vehicle Suggestions Thread

There could be three types of specialty stations:
    Type I Specialty Stations - Add missions to the standard mission response area you have set, as well as the mission list in general.
    Type II Specialty Stations - Add missions to the specific thing it's designed for.
    Type III Specialty Stations - Does not add any missions to the list, is designed to hold special Fire Department Equipment only.

1. Airport Fire Station (Type I/II)- Placed on of near and Airport, would need to be able to Purchase AirPort Rescue FireFighting (ARFF) vehicles as well as Regular LF Units, and Ambulance Units. This station would generally only add calls to the specific airport area it covered, unless designated as a Type I prior to construction. Would require academy training at the level of ARFF

2. Water Rescue Station (TypeII/III) - Specifically for Water Search & Rescue Efforts. Could have command vehicles, Pick Up Trucks that haul the boats and trailers (could require a boat ramp set as point of interest to unload the boat) As well as a full size rescue vehicle. These personnel would require academy training for WR, and could also be an extension of your fire department.

3. Non-Essential Stations (Type III) - this is a Fire Department only station, here you could store things such as RW's, GW-2000/L2's, TLF's, GW-A, GW-Ol. This would be great if you had rural fire department, and wanted to centrally locate a station that housed units not used often on calls, or have a station that stores just TLF's. This station would not add missions to the list as their are no engines in it, if you do put an engine in it, it would automatically become a Type I station, You can go from Type III to Type I, but can not go from Type I to Type III.

4. Rescue Station (Type I/II) - This station would be an extension of the fire department or ambulance department, the personnel here would have gone to the academy for various types of rescue training (water, trench, high angle, RIT, etc) And the station could run various types of apparatus, HLF's, RW's, Water Rescue, Full Size Rescues that carry a crew of 6 or more, etc, Rescue Ambulances. If the station has an HLF, it makes it a Type I, if no HLF then Type II.

5. Wildland Fire Station (Type I/II/III) - Would require Academy training to get your Wildland Firefighter Card, and can be used as Type I, II, or III. There are a lot of brush fires, field fires, and wildland fires in the game, it would be nice to be able to dispatch a smaller vehicle, to calls like that, and not have to us LF's or HLF's on those calls. It would be a plus if you are in a heavily wooded area also.

I am probably letting my imagination get the best of me here, but I thought I would be interesting and show some game diversity.

I notice when I click the "alarm" button, and all my vehicles are in station, they aren't alphabetical or numerical like I have them arranged. I understand it goes by closest unit, I suggest when the vehicles are in station, they are in alphabetical/numerical order so it's like this:

C1
    E11
    E12
    E13
    L1

and not this

E13
    L1
    C1
    E12
    E11

I had this idea as well. Here in the states a lot of times we will have a private or county wide dive team that are used for search and rescue, the Fire Department is dispatched first with their trained personnel, and then if it's a missing person in the water, or extended search and rescue, they call the dive teams. But We could add boats, and units that pull boats (they are usually pick up trucks here) and we could trained the personel in an academy. I think the THW in germany does stuff like this, but this game doesn't have the THW. And i'm sorry if this has all been stated before, i'm translating from german to english, and the translation isn't the best.

I understand it is in the works to create a better system for missions, so it doesn't dispatch a call across a river that's a 20km drive, but if you where to swim it's 1.5 km. I would like to suggest adding an option where we could create our own district boundaries. I have a small town station, that just north of the town is a river and a bridge to the next county (less than 1.6km driving distance) And I don't plan on putting a station up there for a long time, until I have my county built up the way I like.. If we could draw our own district or station boundaries, we could prevent issues like this, or even make our district boundaries more realistic if we so choose. Just a thought I had.

I tried to search through the suggestions to see if this had been suggested yet. I would like to suggest where the fire departments or THW can have water rescue units. Or have the ability to place water rescue stations on the shores of lakes. I have 4 lakes in my district, and it would be a nice addition. Here where I live water patrol is down by the highway patrol or local sheriff's department. and water rescue is done by either the fire department or separate private entity.

This may have already been addressed, if I have vehicles responding to or on scene of a call and I log out either on my iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.6, or my Windows 7 Ultimate PC, the units will not return to the station(s) after the calls are complete. The units en route will continue en route and complete the call after I have logged off, but the units do not return. Is this just a bug in the system or is it supposed to be that way?

5. Vehicle speeds, I know you said the vehicle speeds are set at a default rate, but I have noticed that they will speed up and slow down, and I don't mean turning off a highway onto a gravel road, some vehicles move faster than others, but I am also accounting some of that for internet connectivity issues where I am at.

6. Thank you for all you do, I know taking care of all of this isn't easy, and it takes a lot of work. Thank you for creating these games for us to play.

First I would like to start by saying I like the new map much better. And I am really enjoying playing this game, and the iPhone App. I have noticed a few in game errors I just wanted to lay down in one post to make it easier.

1. Map routing is still off, (see attachment'sit's showing the "RED" routing line as short cutting through fields, or cutting corners, unless you zoom in close on the map. Now the vehicles don't try to cut through the fields anymore, they stay on the roads, I just thought this might be confusing for some players.

2. If you have the map zoomed out vehicles don't seem to slow down as much, but if you are zoomed in on a certain area, the units in the area you are zoomed in on will stay en route at the same speed, but when you click to another area or zoom out, it's like those units stalled until you clicked back on that area. This does not happen if the map is zoomed out to where you can see all of your stations and responding units (I have 6 Stations)

3. How come some calls have an address linked to them and some don't, I will have a forest fire in the middle of nowhere on no road, that will give me the road address that I will have to access, and a few addresses when responding in city limits, but unless it is a POI I have dropped in the rural area (i.e. forest) They don't usually pull an address.

4. Do we have to build police, rescue, and hospitals now with the new update? I am only running fire units.5. Thank you for all the hard work you have done, and put into all of your games, there is definitely nothing like it anywhere else on the internet, or in any game.

I currently have a vehicle driving a long the equator in the ocean by africa, some 6000 miles from where I am. I guess it really wanted water

I like the new maps much better, I haven't had a complete chance to test the routing yet to see if on the longer distances if it actually routes better then google maps did. But I will say I like how the update shows you how long in time it will take to get to the call instead of the distance, I think that has definitely made a major improvement, and shows a lot more accuracy, thanks for the update.

I have also noticed now that it is saying on my station list on the right side of the screen that some units are in stations with the Green 2 next to the vehicle. But when I look on the map, the vehicle is listed on the map with a Yellow 3 like it thinks it is en route to a call, which it is not. I have attached a screen shot of the issue.

I am having an issue with the game loading extremely slow. When I dispatch my vehicles it draws a thick vehicle route line straight to the call (like a bird flying from point A to point B), not via roads, but straight across the map, which is causing my vehicles to get stuck and not go en route. When I refresh the game (ctrl+R, F5, ctrl+F5) the map loads extremely slow, and my vehicles disappear. When I click on the search for vehicle button, it keeps telling me my vehicles can not be found on the map, but they are not in the station. They are stuck. If I dispatch the vehicle to another call, it will show up in the middle of a field unable to move. ?(